How to get rid of razor bumps fast at home with many methods, and also how to get rid of razor bumps on legs, on whole Face method today we are sharing with you.
What are razor bumps? It is a kind of burn mostly on the face and on the other parts of the body as well. The other name for razor bump is Pseudofolliculitis barbae (PFB).
After the hair has been shaved, it grows again. Razor bumps make your skin itchy, red in color, and sometimes it may also lead to the pimple.
The person having a razor bump will always feel discomfort and irritation. He can feel inflammation because of the burn caused.
Thus, we have come up with different types of precautionary measures for the occurrence of razor bumps at different parts of the body.
Razor bumps are also be divided into two: trans follicular and extrafollicular. Extrafollicular is the one that has exited the follicle and reentered the skin whereas trans follicular hair never exits the follicle,
Due to its curly nature, it gives birth to discomfort and irritation. Let us know more about how to get rid of razor bumps on the face and other body parts.
How to get rid of razor bumps?
Razor burn is commonly related to the men who shave their faces and also for the women who shave their legs and armpits.
Shaving is not good as it gives the result to unattractive, itchy, and painful razor bumps. It has several causes like the dull blade, shaving dry, sensitive skin, and so on.
Let me give you some of the best ways and remedies to avoid this. So if you are searching about how to get rid of razor bumps fast, then let’s read it.
No 1. Cold compress
It is one of the most effective and easiest ways to get away from the burning sensation. It reduces the itching and the pain and well as preventing the formation of razor bumps.
For doing this, you can take a few ice cubes and wrap them in a towel.
Put that towel on the area where you have the razor burn. This will give you a sense of relief if immediately done after the burn.
Don’t Miss – How to lose face fat fast also cheek fat in Few Days
No 2. Say no to shaving
In order to prevent razor burn, it is always better to avoid shaving. Don’t shave regularly, and even after shaving, give it some time to heal.
You must not go for a razor every alternate day. Instead, use shaving cream. Shaving cream will moisturize your skin and will also keep your skin soft without any kind of burn and irritation.
No 3. Aspirin
This is also one of the simplest and easiest ways to avoid razor burn. It minimizes your pain and irritation.
Over here, you need to take two aspirins in a spoon of warm water. Stir it properly for some time, and it will turn into a paste then.
Scrub the paste on the area that is affected. Leave that for almost 10 minutes, later wash the affected area.
This treatment should be used twice a day to release pain and discomfort. Well, this remedy should not be used by the ones who have sensitive skin.
Do not scratch/resist yourself from scratching: Scratching often on the affected area will increase the amount of infection, pain, and discomfort. Thus, resist yourself from scratching on the affected area.
No 5. Black Tea
This is one of the most natural ways to release inflammation and itching. Keep the teabag in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes to chill.
The cold temperature will give a soothing effect. Use the tea bag like a scrub on the affected area for about 5 minutes and then rinse the area with cold water.
If this is done regularly, you will easily release all your pain.
Don’t Miss – How to Get Rid of a Double Chin Fast 3 days
No 6. Shaving Technique
Some time shaving patterns really affect more. If you are shaving down to up, then it can destroy your face.
Shave downwards instead of shaving it in an upward direction. This method will also help you to avoid razor bumps.
No 7. Aloe Vera
If you are suffering from any skin problem, then you can Aloe vera Because for skin vitamin E is very useful, and Aloe Vera is a really good source of vitamin.
It is an anti-inflammatory agent that helps to smoothen the skin and releases discomfort and pain. Apply a little amount of aloe vera on the treated area, and you will find the changes soon on the treated area.
No 8. Witch Hazel
It is one of the most natural ways to avoid razor burn. It can be directly applied to the affected area and can reduce pain and irritation.
No 9. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is an acid, and thus, it can be very useful for the prevention of bacteria. This can also be directly applied to the affected area to reduce pain and discomfort.
No 10. Honey
Honey can also be used to avoid razor bumps. It can also reduce your pain and itching in a quick way. It will also prevent you from any kind of infection.
Apply little honey on the treated area. Give it some time to dry and then rinse the skin with cold water.
Another alternative is that you can also mix honey and yogurt and then apply the mixture to the area that requires treatment.
No 11. Baking soda
It is also one of the simplest and quickest ways in order to avoid razor burn. This technique is very simple.
Just mix baking soda with a cup of water and then apply the solution to the affected area. You will be able to see the results.
How to get rid of razor bumps on the legs?
Women generally go for a razor in the case of emergencies than going for waxing. The following techniques/methods are to be followed to avoid razor bumps:
Do not do it frequently:
If you do not give time for your skin to heal, you will give birth to more amount of razor bumps. Always give time after your razor for a couple of days before jumping in for another razor day. Don’t do it very often.
Cleanliness of razor:
the make the use of a clean and neat razor. Don’t use the razor before cleaning it. It is always advisable that you do not use the same razor for more than two times,
It is also better that you use one razor for one take and switch on to the other one for the next take.
Follow the pattern of your hair growth:
Shave your legs as per your hair growth pattern. For example, if you have a downward position of the hair growth, shave downwards only. This will give you better and smoother skin.
Application of Cider vinegar:
It is also one of the most effective ways to get rid of a razor burn. It has those properties that can avoid discomfort and pain.
For this, you need to mix and make a solution of vinegar and water. With the help of a cotton ball, apply it on the affected area and then rinse the area with cold water. Repeat this technique a couple of times, and you will be able to see the changes.
1. Do not shave your legs as soon as you go for a shower. It is always advisable to shave the legs after 15 minutes of your shower as taking a bath will soften your skin and will avoid razor burns.
2. Avoid going for a shave in the morning, and shaving in the night will give you smoother skin when compared to in the morning.
3. Even if you are in a hurry, do not forget to give it some time to dry. Apply moisturizing skin on your legs without any fail, or else you can also use a bar of bar soap.
4. Do not use the disposable razor rather spend your money on a five-blade razor.
5. Do not use the same razor over and over again. Try avoiding that. It is always advisable not to use the same razor for more than one or two takes as this will affect your skin in a negative way.
How to get rid of razor bumps for the black men?
A lot of men have suffered from razor bumps at one of the other points of time. Most of them tackle this situation on a daily basis.
This is true in the case of African-American men, also called at the black men. They have body hairs that are generally curly in nature that leads to more amount of irritation and razor bumps.
Hairs can also occur in the case when the hair is not fully emerged from the surface of the skin, which also leads to infection and discomfort.
This condition causes major discomfort for the black men in the beard and the neck portion of their bodies.
Either you do not shave at all, this will permanently delete the chances of razor bumps, but being in such society, you cannot quit shaving, especially for the black men.
Thus, the following steps are required to be taken into consideration in order to avoid razor bumps. Let’s know about how do you get rid of razor bumps.
1. The usage of a sharp blade is always advisable and useful. Shave with a sharp, single-edge razor blade. Avoid using the razor for more than one turn. Change the blade repetitively.
This will also avoid infection. Dull blades on the same area, give a large amount of irritation to the skin, thus, replacing the blades is always good for the skin.
2. Moisturizing shaving cream should always be applied to the wet hair.
3. Do not rush into shaving. Always take your complete time to shave. Just because you are getting late, you cannot let that affect your skin. Rushing into shaving will give birth to more amount of pain and cuts. Shaving must be done gently without being in any kind of hurry.
4. An aftershave solution is a must for black men. It contains all those elements that will help you to feel comfortable and relaxed. Never avoid the usage of after shaving solution.
5. Always shave in the direction as per the hair growth. Do not shave the opposite side. Shaving as per the hair growth pattern gives you smoother skin and also releases you from discomfort and itching.
6. Stay away from the products that contain alcohol in it. It is not good for the skin appearance, and it also gives an ashy appearance.
7. In order to get a better skin texture, avoid shaving every day. The fewer times you go for shaving, the better it is for your skin appearance. You should also give time to heal as frequent shaving damages and traps the hair.
How to get rid of razor bumps on the neck?
Another name for razor bumps is pseudofolliculitis barbae. These are the ingrown hairs that cause inflammation to the skin.
1. Always massage the area of the neck that you are planning to shave. A cream or gel can be used that helps in cutting down the friction and curling back of the hair.
2. Always run the razor as per your beard. Shave in the direction of hair growth. Closer shaves are not advisable as it avoids razor bumps which indirectly reduces pain and itching
3. After shaving, do not forget to use the aftershave lotion. It will smoothen the skin and prevent razor bumps. You can also apply a moistened cloth on the affected area in order to avoid razor burn.
4. The usage of glycolic acid ointment can also help you to avoid razor burn. It can be applied a night before you are planning to shave. As a result, it will smoothen your skin.
Tip: Always use a single-edged razor. Electronic razor can also be used as they are adjustable and can be adjusted as per our shaving technique.
Things that we generally need for a smooth razor: Shave gel, Single-edged razor/electronic razor, Moisturising aftershave gel, Hydrocortisone cream, Tretinoin cream, Adapalene cream, Tetracycline cream, and Erythromycin.
How to get rid of razor bumps on the head?
In the case of a razor bump, it generally takes a couple of days to resolve. At this time, it is important to keep your scalp clean.
Daily washing is required. Even if you feel like itching, you must not scratch, it increases the chances of developing folliculitis, or infected hair.
Thus, we have seen the various measures that can avoid the happening of a razor burn.
The following points must always be taken into consideration when going through a razor burn:
- Always use a single edge or an electronic razor as it can be adjusted as per your needs and requirements.
- Does not use the razor for more than one take. It is always advisable to use one blade of the razor at one time only. Do not use the blade over and over again.
- Always apply moisturizing cleansing lotion before going for the shave as it smoothens your skin and gives you comfort.
- Always shave as per the direction of the hair growth. For instance, shave to the downwards only as the hair growth is generally in a downward direction.
- Always apply after shave lotion as it helps you release your pain and discomfort.
- Make sure that you are not in a hurry while shaving. Shaving must be done gently, and we must not rush while doing so. Shaving in a hurry can lead to razor bumps on a higher amount.
I hope this article will help a lot of people who are going through the problem of razor burn. Do not forget to follow the steps that have been mentioned above for your safety and comfort.
Stay tuned on our website for all the updates news regarding this matter. We will definitely keep you updated with new methods and techniques in order to delete this problem.